Here's where you'll find articles about repairs, instruments, and performance
For the latest news and articles, check out The Mouthpiece, our online newsletter.
- Why Do My Valves Click?
- Converting Your Horn to Detachable Bell
- Maintaining Rotary Valves
- Stringing Rotary Valves
- The Veneklasen Horn Mark Veneklasen was a visionary, a figure both tragic and heroic
who singlemindedly pursued his quest for a better horn. Here is his story.
Engelbert Schmid Horn Articles
- Unique Design Features of Engelbert Schmid Horns
- Bell Shapes and Alloys and Their Effect on the Sound
- Recommended Water Key Locations
- Recommended Slide Positions
- Care of Your Schmid Horn
- Why Phil Myers Plays a Schmid
- Why Play a horn in Eb-alto
- Stop Arms Used on Schmid Horns
- String or Mechanical Action?
Performance and Performers
- Holding the Instrument, Chapter 14 of The Horn, the horn, by Richard Merewether
- Holding the Instrument, part 2, Left Hand Position, by Bob Ashworth
- Tuning the Double Horn, by Phillip Farkas
- Free Lancing in the Big Apple, by Jeff Lang
- Interview with Gail Williams, reprinted from International Musician
- Interview with James Chambers, by Jeff Silberschlag
- Wendell Hoss, a Tribute and Remembrance